On July 20, 2019, thousands of divers in hundreds of locations around the world will be celebrating, and diving, during the fifth annual PADI Women’s Dive Day. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to bring together your community in the spirit of diving and camaraderie.
Past events have brought divers of all ages, shapes, and genders for some exciting, and inviting dive events. If you’re looking for inspiration to start your own PADI® Women’s Dive Day event, it’s not too late!
Check out this small sampling of the hundreds of cool and worthwhile experiences already planned to help you with ideas:
- Asia Divers in Puerto Galera, Philippines, has devoted the weekend of July 20-21 to PADI Women’s Dive Day. The “Healthy Ocean, Healthy Body” weekend will include a Dive Against Debris®, freediving lessons and freedives, a night-time “blackwater” dive, as well as yoga, fresh fruit and drinks, and healthy meals throughout the two days.
- For “Operation Conservation,” Dive World in Austin, Texas, together with a local Girl Scouts troop at Windy Point Park, will have an underwater trail of facts and suggestions on how to protect aquatic ecosystems and #divelikeagirlscout!
- Lanzarote Non Stop Divers isn’t satisfied with just one day dedicated to women in diving, they’re devoting an entire week! (Yeah, you can totally do this too!) From July 15-20, women of all ages can do any PADI course in the center for 50 percent off plus they get a free dive in the underwater art museum, the Atlantic Museum.
- A dive shop that’s giving back to the community at a high level, Scuba Ventures in Vestavia Hills, Alabama, is running a PADI Women’s Dive Day event that will raise funds for a local women’s shelter and rape response group.
- Azul Unlimited in Komodo, Indonesia, is offering a special discount for day trips and has organized a Dive Against Debris event that will take place at their Project AWARE® Adopt a Dive Site™, Batu Bolong.
If you need more inspiration to create your own event, or to find an event to participate in, visit the PADI Women’s Dive Day page for ideas, tips and tricks to get divers – both female and male – into your store for the day, weekend, or entire week of diving and fun!
Make sure you Register Your Event as a PADI Dive Shop or PADI Professional.