PADI Asia Pacific members have exclusive access to the PADI Asia Pacific Insurance member insurance program as a PADI membership benefit.
One of the optional insurance policies available is Dive Injury and Evacuation for PADI professionals covering injury whilst diving (including working as a dive professional).
PADI Asia Pacific members may find the country where they are working/diving offers little or no government subsidy for costs incurred if they suffer a dive related injury requiring urgent medical treatment or evacuation. Most Travel insurance policies do not cover any medical costs incurred whilst working as a scuba diving professional.
The PADI Asia Pacific Dive Injury & Evacuation Insurance policy for dive professionals has been in place for over 15 years and has 3 options in cover to select. Whilst there are comparable insurance policies available for scuba divers, this is the only Dive Injury & Evacuation Insurance policy that includes an option to cover loss of income due to a diving injury.
The policy has been designed for PADI Dive professionals and the major benefits include:
- Covers all of recreational diving activities while teaching, on holiday or just diving recreationally
- Worldwide cover
- Underwritten by Lloyds of London
- Expedient and proven claims service
- Cover for Evacuation & Repatriation
- Loss of income cover available
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance Worldwide. Multi lingual assistance available by medical experts with experience with scuba injuries
- No restrictions on where you seek treatment or which chamber you use anywhere in the world
- No limitations on the depth of dive for members up to 65 years of age (cover limited to 40m depth for members 66 to 70 years of age)
- No limitation on technical diving
- No restrictions on the countries that the insured is working or diving in
- Covers all diving related activities not just in water
- Designed exclusively for and only available to PADI Asia Pacific professionals
To purchase PADI Asia Pacific Dive Injury and Evacuation insurance visit www.padiinsurance.com.au. We strongly recommend you read the policy conditions to ensure it meets your needs.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact the V-Insurance team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on +61 2 8599 8660.